Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Sharpie Challenge

I went to the Dollar General in Au Gres today, and hey, Au Gres today rhymes!!!
Anyway, I went to the Dollar General today and found this four pack of Sharpies in the 50% off Xmas aisle.
Of course, I was positive that this was a mistake, I mean, who would sell Sharpies for a quarter a piece.
However, I took them to the check out counter just in case, and much to my AMAZEMENT the Sharpies rang up at a dollar.
So of course I took them, I don't mean I took them as in I stole them, I mean I took them as in I agreed to buy them, geeeeeeeez.



Comparing Sharpie Markers To Other Writing Implements Test



As you can see all the Sharpies write much bolder than any of the other tested writing implements. The metallic Sharpies are nice, but impractical for anything other than artistic or craft purposes, and of course, you would never use a Sharpie for any normal everyday writing task, but damn, they sure are fun.

One other thing.
Have you ever sniffed a Sharpie?
In my learned opinion they rate right up there with the fluid used in mimeograph machines in their ability to induce a short term buzz, and do they still use mimeos, because I don't think I would have made it through high school without them.

6 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Jonnie said...

METALLIC Sharpies!
Sharpie technology just keeps marching on.

I want to make a test comparison of all my E Tawas pens, but at least 2 of them are in the car and I don't want to go outside yet at this point in the day.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Jonnie said...

I like how they packaged the metallic sharpies upside down just to show that they are different from your run-of-the-mill sharpies.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Boz said...

There is a valid reason for packaging the metallic Sharpies upside down. According to the instructions on the blister pack it is to keep the ink from drying up.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The metallic Sharpies work well for writing on black surfaces like your stereo chassis, so some nitwit from, say, Flint, or Escondido, doesn't take your hi-fi gear.

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we also love sharpies ;)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I find the metallic Sharpies make great marks on the buttock portions of ladies pants when I'm out at the local watering hole...just put someone else's phone number back there and let the games begin!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home