Thursday, December 21, 2006

The scenic route

I plan on taking the scenic route down to Bay City today for my last bit of shopping before Xmas. By the scenic route I mean I am taking M-13 out of Standish instead of hopping on I-75. I took this route once before and there are a lot of interesting stores along the way.
One store I want to stop at for sure is a discount supermarket that sells stuff like past due products, dented cans, products with the labels torn off, day old bread, and stuff that didn't sell in other parts of the country so they bought them and sell them at drastically reduced prices.
I stopped at that supermarket once before, but it was the last place I stopped, and I was pretty tired, so I didn't buy anything.
They did have one product that I could kick myself for not getting.
They had four packs of Orangina, a fruit citrus drink that AmyJo had raved about, for 49 cents. I would have liked to try it just for curiosities sake.
So, if they still have it today I am going to get a couple of four packs and if I don't like it I'll give it to my niece who is coming up on Saturday.

3 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orangina for 49 cents???
that's impossible!
Normally you have to spend hundreds of dollars on a flight to europe to have it served to you FOR FREE, or you have to walk to the Sami's market and buy it for several dollars from the depressed Mrs. Sami or her acclimated sons.

Man, what a world.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Boz said...

It was all gone, gone, gone, all of it gone, and they really had a shitload of it the first time I was there. It just sucked all the zen energy out of me ...
ZENERGY!!!
I just invented a new word!!!

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Jonnie said...

I like the bulbous bottle. It would be nice to drink from a bottle that is hard to spill for a change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home