Friday, March 17, 2006

St Patrick's Day Bargains

I got a lot of deals today at two different stores, but I really don't feel like writing too much tonight, so let's see how it goes.

Since we've been doing Shoe Week on RW ... BS I thought I would get out the polish and take care of my shoes, but ... I couldn't find any of my shoe shining stuff, I mean I even had a real shoe shine box and everything, and it's gone, all gone, so I had to start from scratch. Shoe polish lasts forever and I hadn't bought any for at least ten years and probably more, so I didn't realize how much the price had gone up.
The cheapest that I could find Kiwi, which is the name brand, was two bucks a can at the Family Dollar and Dollar General, but I was able to get these off brands at fifty cents a can at the Dollar Daze in Tawas City, I also snagged a shoe brush, which cost over 4 bucks at Kmart, for a buck.



Murphy's Oil Soap is a great product to clean your shoes before you polish them. I saw a 16 ounce bottle at the Dollar General for two buck, I snagged a 20 ounce generic brand at the Dollar Daze for a buck. I also found some neat roller ball pens, which are my favorite, at the Dollar Daze, and what's this ... you get four and get another one free!!! How can they do that???
However, the deal of the day had to be the Full Throttle Energy Drink made by Coca-Cola that I got in the Dollar Section of the Pinny Food Center in Pinconning at a price of 3 for a Buck, that's right ... 3 for a Buck.




Finally, also at the Pinny Food Center, I was able to pick up two huge cans of Plums in Heavy Syrup for a buck a can, and some kind of M&M Xmas Candy for 99 cents a bag.



All in all, I made a pretty good haul today.
Rock on!!!

2 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Jonnie said...

WHOA!! Lady Liberty plums!!

I think I'll go to the 99 Cent store tomorrow and see what they have in terms of shoe care. To really get mine to be acceptable, I need to remove cement from my stint as a cement mixer.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Boz said...

Check for plums in heavy syrup too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home