Saturday, March 04, 2006

The 99 Cent Store Rip-Off

Poor Jonnie.
Sometimes in his exuberance for all things 99 Cent Store he gets ripped off, and this is one time he got ripped off royally.
Jonnie purchased two cans of St. Nicks fist sized Holiday Beverage at two cans for 99 cents.
Today, I went to my local supermarket and purchased a four pack for 75 cents.
Also, while the 99 Cent Store only had two varieties my local supermarket had four varieties. In addition to the two flavors that Jonnie purchased my local supermarket also had Cola and Ginger Ale.



For the naysayers out there. Proof of my purchase. Yes, there is a ten cent Michigan deposit law, but you get that back when you return the empty can, and it's really a lot of fun to use the can crusher bottle return, it's so 21st Century ... hey, it is the 21st Century.
FAR OUT!!!



Did you notice that the St. Nicks Holiday Beverages that I purchased are not made by Shasta but by Faygo?
Hmmmmm!!!



I don't know about Blogger. I did a spell check and Faygo came back as fags. This from a program that doesn't even recognize the word blog! How homophobic can you get?

3 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Jonnie said...

WTF??
FOUR for SEVENTY FIVE CENTS??

Californians are having the wool pulled way over their eyes.

And why in the hell is St. Nicks manufactured by Faygo in the midwest, but Shasta on the West Coast? If they are the same company, then I wish Shasta would put out a "Redpop". I fucking miss Redpop. Their "Tikki Punch" is DEFINITELY no "Redpop".

Drink a Holiday Punch and see if it tastes like Faygo Redpop!

If it does, you're getting a superior product at half the price.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Jonnie said...

Give Me A Break!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Jonnie said...

How embarrassing to be a Californian!

The good folks in the midwest are sitting around talking about, "those Californians...paying twice what they should for a can of St. Nick's..."

We're just a big joke to them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home