Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Coming up empty handed

I went to the Dollar Store today with a certain item in mind and is so often the case when I go looking for a certain item I came up empty.
I was looking for drink coasters.
You know, the thing you put under a glass, or a bottle, or a cup to keep from leaving a wet ring on the table.
Anyway, I did find some. I think there were eight in a package, which would have been a heck of a bargain, but the workmanship was shoddy even by Dollar Store standards.
The coasters were just slick pieces of paper glued over a very thin piece of cork, but that wasn't the worst of it. The glue job was so bad that the coasters were already falling apart.
Still ...
I was very tempted to purchase the item, but didn't.

5 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Jonnie said...

That's crap! You'd be better off just using an old magazine instead.

I'm looking forward to hitting the 99 Cent store on Friday.

I'm going to try to not let myself get too worked up though. I know how it is to go in with lofty expectations and walk out disappointed. Like when I was expecting Pepsi Holiday Spice to be there this Christmas.

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Jonnie said...

JohnnyC has sent me a secret drain cleaning technique using baking soda and vinegar. I think I will try it with items acquired from the 99 Cent store this weekend.

I will post a review of the experiment here.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Boz said...

I already knew about it so it can't be too secret.
Try an M-80.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Make coasters out of old condom boxes...so the women know what your taste is prophlactics are before you hit the bordello

 
At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Get phendimetrazine bextra cheap Tennis player jennifer capriati Corrective eye surgery sacramento Debt consolidation canadian fioricet business opportunities High tea at sheraton moana surfrider State illinois incorporation

 

Post a Comment

<< Home