Monday, October 02, 2006

New Location

As Sandra and I were exploring our new neighborhood this weekend, we were pleased to learn there are TWO 99 Cent stores in the immediate vicinity of our apartment. And I don't mean the 99 Cent Store Knock-offs (though there are plenty of those too):


Rafael's 99 Cent Shampoo.


I mean the 99 Cent Only stores! The real deal!


One of our two local 99 Cent Only Stores.

A nearby 99 Cent store is a blessing when you're furnishing a new apartment. We picked up quite a few items: a loofa back scrubber, a water pitcher, and oven mitts among other things.

Our most disappointing purchase was this ice cube tray which forms ice into the shape of various fruits -


Fruit-shaped ice cube tray pictured with "USA Clean" scrubbing pads.

We loved the idea of pineapple shaped ice cubes, but the idea was better than the reality because once the water is frozen, it's nearly impossible to get the fruit shaped ice cubes out of the tray. We ended up having to run hot water over the back of the tray which made more of a mess than we were willing to deal with. Maybe we will sell this on eBay.

I also picked up this cassette of Nelson Eddy Favorites:


Nelson Eddy Favorites.

Judging from the cover art, I thought this would be hysterical, but it is actually pretty solemn. I was a little disappointed, but I will play it from time to time when I'm feeling morose.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Boz said...

I wonder if he ever sang a duet with Jane Froman?

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nelson Eddy currents in the ocean are what you should be looking out for...

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

What is it with these patriotic cleaning products and energy drinks? I did not know these objects had political opinions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home